Thursday, August 18, 2011

There's a monster in Mommy's closet... It's called Potty Training.

Oh God!.....Yesterday I woke up feeling like the most inadequate mother... I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to Potty Train my Two(2) ,almost 3, year old. What  I had thought to be a mature, clear, direct conversations with her, about  why I needed she needed to take this big step, since she was aware of her bowel movements (TMI?) and I was following the 20 minute rule, were actually a waste of HER time.
So I took a break from it, assuming  she just wasn't ready and terrified of causing regression or any other psychological damage(Overreacting???????) do to pressure, and started the intimidating, overwhelming process all over again yesterday...Went back to researching , convinced I had definitely missed something, pretty sure I was doing something wrong.....Turns out I'm following the guidelines, I didn't miss anything and I was doing things right.....Maybe she is afraid of getting flushed down the toilet, maybe she feels is so much easier to Go when she feels like going wherever she feels like doing it (Makes sense)....I don't know.... Maybe she is just two(2)....So I have loosen up and started enjoying it, taking the harsh seriousness, which I had been approaching it with, away from the process. ...It has only been 20 hours...But I think WE GOT THIS!!!



I'll keep you guys updated....

Besos, Pia!

No comments:

Post a Comment